How You Can Vaccinate Against Cancer
August 20, 2019
- Curchoe, Carol Lynn. “HPV Vaccine Now Recommended for Nearly Everyone! 5 Facts About Gardasil 9 for 9–45 Year Olds.” Medium, The Method, 7 Oct. 2018, https://medium.com/the-method/have-kids-under-12-5-facts-about-the-hpv-vaccine-you-need-to-know-today-5d3a364e2472.
- “Infographic: Screening Won’t Protect from Most HPV Cancers | CDC.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 23 Aug. 2018, www.cdc.gov/hpv/hcp/hpv-important/more-than-screening-infographic.html.
- “Who Should Get the HPV Vaccination and Why.” American Cancer Society, 3 Jan. 2019, https://www.cancer.org/healthy/hpv-vaccine.html.
- “Safety Update of HPV Vaccines.” World Health Organization, World Health Organization, 28 July 2017, www.who.int/vaccine_safety/committee/topics/hpv/June_2017/en/.
- “Parents Continue to See HPV Vaccine as Unnecessary and Worry Over Its Safety.” OncLive, 2017 Society of Gynecologic Oncology Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer, 13 Mar. 2017, www.onclive.com/conference-coverage/sgo-2017/parents-continue-to-see-hpv-vaccine-as-unnecessary-and-worry-over-its-safety.
- “HPV | Who Should Get Vaccine | Human Papillomavirus | CDC.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 23 Aug. 2018, www.cdc.gov/hpv/parents/vaccine.html.
- “Get HPV Vaccine for Your Child | Human Papillomavirus | CDC.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 26 Mar. 2019, www.cdc.gov/hpv/parents/vaccine/six-reasons.html.
- Boskey, Elizabeth. “Why Don’t More American Teens Get the HPV Vaccine?” Verywell Health, Verywell Health, 24 Nov. 2018, www.verywellhealth.com/american-teens-and-the-hpv-vaccine-4135269.
The HPV Vaccine prevents about 30 percent of cancers in adults. Watch as John Letterio, MD, Division Chief, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology at University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospitals explains how this vaccine is a form of immunotherapy and will allow us to eradicate many HPV-related cancers in our lifetime.