University Hospitals MyChart Terms and Conditions of Use
If you require the University Hospitals MyChart Terms and Conditions of Use information in a language other than English, please refer to the following translated resources:
The University Hospitals MyChart website and/or application (“UH MyChart”) and related services are provided by University Hospitals Health System, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “UH” or “Health Care Providers”) to its patients subject to compliance with the terms and conditions set forth below (the “Agreement”). Please read the following information carefully. Your continued use of UH MyChart will indicate your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, promptly exit UH MyChart.
- Medical Emergencies. The UH MyChart is designed for your convenience only. It is not intended to be used in a medical emergency. For all urgent medical matters, go to an emergency room and/or call 911. Never send any messages requiring urgent attention using UH MyChart. Delays can occur based upon, but not limited to, volume and availability of staff, the complexity of your condition, or technology occurrences outside of the UH’s control.
- UH MyChart. UH MyChart is an Internet application that (i) enables you and your proxies to have secure web-based access to information from your medical record maintained by UH in electronic format, (ii) provides you and your guarantors the ability to pay for services; and (iii) provides a secure mechanism to communicate with Health Care Providers.
- Access and Password. Your UH MyChart account will be activated once you create your account. You are responsible for safeguarding your UH MyChart ID, password, and security question and answer. It is your responsibility to prevent disclosure of your ID and password and to change your password and security question and answer if you feel that your security has been compromised. UH is not liable for any damages that result from your failure to keep such ID, password, and/or security question and answer secure.
- Information Does Not Constitute Medical Advice. You agree that UH MyChart is a communication service offered only as a convenience tool to UH patients. UH assumes no responsibility for how you use the information you obtain from UH MyChart. You should consult with a physician or other health care provider regarding your own condition and how UH MyChart content may or may not apply to you. The information from your medical record available through UH MyChart may not constitute your entire medical record. The scope of medical record information accessible through UH MyChart is determined at the discretion of UH. You will continue to have access to your complete medical record by visiting https://www.uhhospitals.org/patients-and-visitors/medical-records/ and following the applicable prompts. THEREFORE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT UH MYCHART SHALL NOT BE USED TO MAKE HEALTHCARE DECISIONS OR DIAGNOSIS. YOU AGREE TO ASSUME THE SOLE LIABILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS USING UH MYCHART AND SHALL HOLD UH HARMLESS AND DEFEND UH AGAINST ALL DAMAGES RELATED TO SUCH USE OR DIRECTIONS TO UH UPON WHICH UH RELIES. FURTHERMORE, YOU AKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT UH SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, ARISING FROM YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF UH MYCHART OR ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT THEREIN.
- Important Messages. After you have activated a UH MyChart account, UH MyChart will become a vehicle through which you will receive important messages from your physician and certain test results and other personal medical information. You may continue to receive communications via the United States Postal Service or other means. No confidential information will be sent from UH MyChart to your email, but you will receive email notification whenever a new result, message, or other communication has been released to your UH MyChart account or in situations where UH provides a general notice to UH MyChart users through the email account provided at the time of UH MyChart activation. You may receive from time to time important email notices and messages from the UH MyChart team and/or UH. You MUST therefore verify and update your email address via the My Preferences link to ensure that you receive notification of newly released information and general notices in a timely manner. UH is not responsible for any damage resulting from your failure to verify and update your email and account information.
- Minors. An individual must be age 13 or older to request a personal UH MyChart account. Parents or legal guardians of minor children may request access to the minor child's medical information by following the terms outlined in the "Proxy Access" section of this Agreement. However, the full spectrum of UH MyChart services will not be available for the records of minor children between the ages of 13 and 17 (inclusive). Under state and federal law, there are certain types of medical information that the parent or legal guardian of a minor patient may not view without consent of the minor patient. Because of these requirements, the full spectrum of services to parents or legal guardians of minor patients in this age category cannot be offered. Thus, when a minor patient reaches age 13, restrictions will be placed on parents’ or legal guardians’ MyChart access until the minor reaches age 18. At age 18, a child is no longer a minor and access by parents or legal guardians will be terminated automatically. If you are the legal representative of a patient, you may still be entitled to receive a copy of the patient’s medical record.
- Proxy Access. A patient may authorize other individuals age 18 or older to have access to their UH MyChart information as a proxy within MyChart. For guidance on how to grant proxy access, click here. In the event a patient is deemed to lack capacity by the patient’s clinician, individuals age 18 or older may request proxy access to such individual’s UH MyChart information if they are the legal representative of the individual and can demonstrate the legal right to that medical information. Such requests should be made by completing and submitting the appropriate forms and legal documentation to UH. If the proxy’s legal relationship with the patient changes, the proxy must inform UH immediately by contacting the MyChart Help Desk. UH reserves the right to revoke proxy access at any time for any reason. A patient’s UH MyChart account and all proxy access becomes deactivated upon the death of a patient. The personal representative of the deceased patient may request proxy access to the decedent’s UH MyChart account. Official legal paperwork showing the requestor is the personal representative of the deceased will be required before any such request will be granted. Learn more about proxy access Terms & Conditions.
- Restrictions on Use and Ownership. All pages within UH MyChart and any material made available for download are the property of UH and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates. The content on UH MyChart is provided for UH and its patients only. The words “University Hospitals Health System, Inc.” and its associated corporate logo are the trademarks and service marks of University Hospitals Health Systems, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, and logos used in UH MyChart, including but not limited to MyChart and Epic, are the trademarks, service marks, or logos of their respective owners. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademark, service mark, or logo displayed on UH MyChart without the express permission of UH or the third party that may own the trademark, service mark, or logo.
- Termination of Access. UH may restrict or terminate access to UH MyChart at any time and for any reason. If access is restricted for planned maintenance of the UH MyChart system, every effort will be made to communicate downtime to all users in advance. However, there may be reasons to restrict access to UH MyChart without advance notice. If your use of UH MyChart violates this Agreement, UH reserves the right to permanently terminate your access to UH MyChart.
- Harassing or Offensive Materials. You agree that you will not post or send any harassing or offensive materials on or through UH MyChart.
- Secure Messages. Messages you send via UH MyChart will be made part of your medical record. If your physician is out of the office or unavailable to respond, messages sent via UH MyChart may be routed to other UH personnel in order to facilitate a timely response to your request. However, UH does not guarantee any particular response time to any individual message you may send through UH MyChart. All communications between you and your UH health care team using UH MyChart are carried out over a secure, encrypted connection directly into the UH electronic medical record.
- Download and/or Transmission to Third Parties. You, and any Proxy as authorized by you, may have access to UH MyChart features that allow you and/or your Proxy to download portions of your health information and/or transmit this information to other health providers who may be unaffiliated with UH. UH relies on your and/or your Proxy’s representation and direction and your and/or your Proxy is responsible for the use of such features. YOU AGREE AND INTEND THAT UH SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM, OR ANY ACTIONS UH TAKES THAT RESULT FROM, THE SELECTION OF THE RECIPIENT OF THE INFORMATION OR THE SUBSEQUENT USE OR DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION AFTER THE DOWNLOAD OR TRANSMISSION OCCURS, AS DIRECTED BY YOU AND/OR YOUR PROXY. YOU AGREE TO HOLD UH HARMLESS FROM ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM SUCH A RELEASE TAKEN ON BEHALF OF YOU AND/OR YOUR PROXY AND AS DIRECTED BY YOU AND/OR YOUR PROXY, AND FURTHER, WAIVE ALL LIABILITY OF UH ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH A RELEASE AS DIRECTED BY YOU AND/OR YOUR PROXY. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT UH CANNOT AND DOES NOT VERIFY RECEIPT OF YOUR RECORD AT THE DESIGNATED RECIPIENT LOCATION.
- Security. Once information enters UH MyChart it is protected with industry standard encryption software. No system can perfectly guard against risks of intentional intrusion or inadvertent disclosure of information. When using UH MyChart, information will be transmitted over a medium that is beyond the control of the UH and its contractors. YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY ASSUME THE SOLE RISK OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS AND/OR DISCLOSURE OR INTENTIONAL INTRUSION, OR OF ANY DELAY, FAILURE, INTERRUPTION, OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SERVICE AND AGREE THAT UH MYCHART IS NOT ERROR-FREE. Once the information is received by UH, your medical information will be treated as confidential and given the same protection that all other UH medical records are given subject to applicable law.
- Third Party Links and Content. UH makes no representations whatsoever about any other web site that you may access through UH MyChart. When you access a non-UH site, please be advised that it is independent from UH, and that UH has no control over the content on that web site. UH does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content or use of any other linked site. If you decide to access any third party sites linked to UH MyChart, you do so entirely at your own risk. There may also be material in UH MyChart that is provided by third parties. UH is not responsible for any such third party material. UH disclaims any responsibility for or liability related to such third-party materials and your use of any such third party materials.
- No Warranties. UH MyChart is provided on an “as is” basis for your convenience. UH makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of UH MyChart, the content, products and/or services included therein. To the fullest extent permitted by law, UH hereby disclaims all warranties, express, or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and/or infringement.
- Applicable Law. Your use of UH MyChart is governed by Ohio law. By using UH MyChart, you agree that any claim or dispute relating to your use of the same, regardless of where you reside, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state, or federal courts located in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.