UH Volunteer Opportunities
While University Hospitals doctors and nurses care for a patient’s body, it’s often a volunteer that can help bring a smile to that patient’s face. Volunteers are an integral part of the UH family, and are needed at all of our hospitals. A UH volunteer can contribute in many different capacities, whether it’s delivering reading or craft materials to our patients, reading to sick children or visiting with a therapy dog through our Pet Pals program. There is also a program designed specifically for teen volunteers, as well as “behind-the-scenes” volunteer opportunities, such as assisting with clerical work. No matter where your strengths lie, there is sure to be a volunteer opportunity that’s perfect for you. Help make a difference and better the lives of patients at UH.
Find out more about the volunteer options available at our main campus or community hospitals.
- UH Cleveland Medical Center
- UH MacDonald Women's Hospital
- UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital
- UH Seidman Cancer Center
- UH Ahuja Medical Center
- UH Bedford Medical Center, a campus of UH Regional Hospitals
- UH Conneaut Medical Center
- UH Elyria Medical Center
- UH Geauga Medical Center, a campus of UH Regional Hospitals
- UH Geneva Medical Center
- UH Parma Medical Center
- UH Portage Medical Center
- UH Richmond Medical Center, a campus of UH Regional Hospitals
- UH Samaritan Medical Center
- UH St. John Medical Center
- UH Hospice
Patient and Family Partnership Councils
At UH, we know that great health care starts with understanding the needs of patients and families. That is why we have Patient and Family Partnership Councils (PFPCs). These volunteer groups partner with the hospital to enhance the health care experience for patients and their families.
To learn how to make a difference at a UH hospital where you have received care, visit our PFPC page.
Questions? Call Volunteer Services at 216-844-1504.