UH Travel Medicine Opens New West Side Location and More
March 27, 2019
University Hospitals Roe Green Center for Travel Medicine is pleased to announce a number of new initiatives that will make it more convenient and efficient for adults and pediatric patients to receive expert medical advice and care when it comes to international travel.
- A new office location is now open at University Hospitals Westlake Health Center for patients who live and work on the west side.
- Keith Armitage, MD, has been named medical director of the Roe Green Center for Travel Medicine.
- Infectious diseases specialist George Yendewa, MD, and Marjorie Hatszegi, RN, CNP, our new nurse practitioner, have joined our team, expanding appointment availability at our University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center and University Hospitals Minoff Health Center at Chagrin Highlands offices.
- A new travel medicine coordinator dedicated to enhancing customer satisfaction has been hired. Pre-travel consultations are now available remotely via a mobile device, laptop or computer through a new teletravel program (can this link to our teletravel page on the website?).
- Our travel clinic is the only nonprofit health care provider in Ohio licensed to administer the yellow fever vaccine. This vaccine is available only at the main campus location.
- Traveler’s medical kits, conveniently sized and packaged with over-the-counter medications suitable for carry-on luggage, are now available for purchase at all three travel medicine locations.
“As interest in international travel continues to grow, we recognize the need to provide travel medical services and advice to our busy patients in ways that are convenient and accessible,” states Keith Armitage, MD, medical director of the Roe Green Center for Travel Medicine.
Tags: travel medicine