Congratulations to our Medical Students who Matched!
May 16, 2023
UH Research & Education | May 2023
On March 17, 2023, the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) celebrated the landmark milestone known as “Match Day” with a record-breaking number of applicants. Match Day is essential for future physicians transitioning from medical school to residency in their medical education. The 2023 Match Day was the most significant Match in NRMP’s 70-year history, with a record number of 42,952 applicants who certified a rank order list (“active applicants”) and 40,375 certified positions.
We proudly announce that many of our medical student trainees chose to stay at University Hospitals for their residency training.
Match Day Facts
- 28 Case Western Reserve University and 11 NEOMED medical students matched and will complete their residency training at UH Cleveland Medical Center
- 30% of this year’s Case Western Reserve University class chose to stay in Ohio for residency
- 26% will remain in Cleveland
- 4 NEOMED students will join our UH community programs
- About 10% of our visiting students matched with UH for a residency spot
Tags: Medical Education