UH Ahuja Medical Center
Providing the Community with Personalized Healthcare and Convenient Access
University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Center, which opened in 2011, is a 144-bed community hospital focused on patient and family-centered care and the principles of evidence-based design.
Situated on 53 acres in Beachwood, Ohio, UH Ahuja Medical Center is designed to be one of the safest and most technologically advanced hospitals in the country. Built on a calm, park-like campus that includes gardens and walkways, the hospital provides exceptional care to residents of Cuyahoga, Lake and Summit counties.
The UH Ahuja Medical Center's medical staff includes 819 physicians highly trained in 21 full-service specialties and subspecialties including adult and pediatric emergency services, cardiology, neurosurgery, pulmonology, orthopedics and more.
UH Ahuja Medical Center Expansion to Begin in 2019
A $200 million expansion of UH Ahuja Medical Center is planned to begin in fall of 2019. The building project includes a second five-floor hospital tower and a two-floor sports medicine complex to better serve our patients and their medical needs, as well as provide space for the latest in medical technology.
The expansion will feature:
- New labor and delivery services
- A new Level 2 neonatal intensive care unit
- An expanded emergency room that will increase beds from 22 to 30
- A women’s health and comprehensive breast health center
- The largest sports rehab complex in Northeast Ohio
- A new ambulatory surgical center, with eight new operating rooms
- Expanded ambulatory services with 10 new exam rooms designated for the UH Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute
- A new “short stay” unit, for patients who need less than 24 hours of care in the ambulatory surgical center.
The expansion will feature many of the same characteristics as UH Ahuja Medical Center, with bright, airy spaces, healthy food choices, healing gardens and community wellness and health education areas.
Learn More About UH Ahuja Medical Center
A Generous Contribution by a Community Leader
UH Ahuja Medical Center is named in honor of Monte Ahuja, his wife Usha and their family. The Ahuja family donated $30 million in support of UH’s strategic initiative aimed at advancing health care in the region.
Designed for Comfort, Efficiency and Comprehensive Medical Care
A winner of a Modern Healthcare Design Award, UH Ahuja Medical Center offers:
- Single-occupancy patient rooms with vast views to the outdoors, flat-screen TVs, in-room refrigerators and uplifting, diverse art
- Healthy, delicious food choices for patients and visitors
- Soundproofed patient rooms for additional privacy, with distinct areas for family members and caregivers
- Campus-wide Wi-Fi
- A fully electronic, secure medical record systems for increased accuracy and privacy.
- Environmentally sustainable materials and innovative design elements to minimize energy costs and harmful impact on the environment
- Dedicated areas for community wellness and health education
Community Health Needs Assessment
As part of our commitment to the Northeast Ohio community, UH identifies the most pressing health needs of each community we serve through a periodic community health needs assessment (CHNA) for each UH hospital facility. Learn more about the most recent UH Ahuja Medical Center CHNA.
Take a virtual tour of the facilities at UH Ahuja Medical Center.