UH Ahuja Medical Center to Expand in 2019
A $200 million expansion of UH Ahuja Medical Center is planned to begin in fall of 2019. The building project includes a second five-floor hospital tower and a two-floor sports medicine complex to better serve our patients and their medical needs, as well as provide space for the latest in medical technology.
The expansion will feature:
- New labor and delivery services.
- A new Level 2 neonatal intensive care unit.
- An expanded emergency room that will increase beds from 22 to 30.
- A women’s health and comprehensive breast health center.
- Expanded radiology services.
- The largest sports rehab complex in Northeast Ohio, with a performance center, outpatient rehabilitation space, 18 exam rooms and two diagnostic radiology units. The complex will have easy access to MRI capabilities and will be adjacent to operating rooms.
- A new ambulatory surgical center, with eight new operating rooms and 32 universal pre- and post-op beds.
- Expanded ambulatory services with 10 new exam rooms designated for the UH Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute
- An expanded observation unit, with all private beds, for patients who can be treated and released the same day.
- A new “short stay” unit, for patients who need less than 24 hours of care in the ambulatory surgical center.
The expansion will feature many of the same characteristics as UH Ahuja Medical Center, with bright, airy spaces, healthy food choices, healing gardens and community wellness and health education areas.