UH Ahuja Medical Center to Expand in 2019
A $200 million expansion of UH Ahuja Medical Center is planned to begin in fall of 2019. The building project includes a second five-floor hospital tower and a two-floor sports medicine complex to better serve our patients and their medical needs, as well as provide space for the latest in medical technology.
The expansion will feature:
- New labor and delivery services.
- A new Level 2 neonatal intensive care unit.
- An expanded emergency room that will increase beds from 22 to 30.
- A women’s health and comprehensive breast health center.
- Expanded radiology services.
- The largest sports rehab complex in Northeast Ohio, with a performance center, outpatient rehabilitation space, 18 exam rooms and two diagnostic radiology units. The complex will have easy access to MRI capabilities and will be adjacent to operating rooms.
- A new ambulatory surgical center, with eight new operating rooms and 32 universal pre- and post-op beds.
- Expanded ambulatory services with 10 new exam rooms designated for the UH Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute
- An expanded observation unit, with all private beds, for patients who can be treated and released the same day.
- A new “short stay” unit, for patients who need less than 24 hours of care in the ambulatory surgical center.