Comprehensive Breast Health Services in Beachwood, Ohio
The Breast Center at UH Ahuja Medical Center provides women with local access to the most advanced breast care services available. Our experienced, multidisciplinary team of breast health specialists is dedicated to providing compassionate, patient-centered care for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant breast disease, all at one convenient location.
Schedule an Appointment
All the breast services you need are close to home at UH Ahuja Medical Center. Call 216-292-1783 today to schedule an appointment.Find a Doctor
Prevention & Early Detection Are Key
Nationally Recognized Care
The Breast Center at UH Ahuja Medical Center is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a quality program of the American College of Surgeons. This accreditation reflects our breast center’s compliance with NAPBC standards for leadership, clinical services, research, community outreach, professional education and quality improvement processes.
The best way to find breast cancer when it is small and treatable is with annual mammograms. In fact, when caught early, the breast cancer survival rate is nearly 99 percent.*
Our breast center offers the most advanced screening and diagnostic tools available, including:
- Tomosynthesis – An advanced 3-D mammogram that offers better cancer detection.
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy – A noninvasive imaging test to precisely locate the tissue to be sampled.
- Stereotactic imaging – An imaging test that pinpoints the exact location of a breast mass by using a computer and digital X-rays taken from two different angles.
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – Often recommended if mammogram reveals potential problems, MRI uses magnets, not radiation, to create images of the breast.
- Fast Breast MRI – A low-cost, self-pay screening option for women with dense breast tissue.
* The five-year relative survival rate of women with localized stage of breast cancer is close to 99 percent. Source: American Cancer Society.
Effective, Multidisciplinary Treatment Plans
If breast cancer is detected, our experienced team of breast cancer specialists will work together to develop a treatment plan personalized to meet the needs of each patient. Our state-of-the-art facility offers the latest treatment options and access to a vast array of clinical trials.
For patients needing medical oncology and radiation oncology treatments, our nearby UH Seidman Cancer Center location at UH Minoff Health Center at Chagrin Highlands provides these services in collaboration with our breast team.