University Hospitals Rainbow General Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine
At UH Rainbow Division of General Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, we provide comprehensive primary care to children throughout the region. Located at the state-of-the-art UH Rainbow Center for Women & Children in Midtown Cleveland, our practice logs approximately 32,000 patient visits each year. We offer expertise and highly specialized clinical services, including adolescent medicine and pediatric sports medicine.
Additionally, UH Rainbow General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine is involved in a wide range of advocacy programs designed to enhance wellness, prevent injury and protect children from abuse and neglect.
Specialized Pediatric Services
In addition to our comprehensive pediatric primary care offerings, the UH Rainbow Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine practice offers the following specialized patient services:
- A walk-in sick clinic for practice patients with minor illnesses – open six days a week
- Behavioral health services for children with behavioral and developmental disorders, such as anxiety, ADHD, autism and Down syndrome
- Access to our onsite pharmacy, which offers hard-to-find medications and compounding medication services, no-wait prescription pick-up after appointments, low-cost over-the-counter medications, and more
- The Haven Clinic, offering specialized primary care and subspecialty referral services for victims and survivors of human trafficking
- Rainbow Connects, a program that links patients and families to valuable community resources
- Nutritional programs for families, including the Test Kitchen at Dave’s Market
Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine for the LGBTQIA+ Community
UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital is proud to offer expertise in caring for children in the LGBTQIA+ community. Our team includes pediatric and adolescent medicine providers and specialists in pediatric endocrinology, all of whom have expertise in issues that affect LBGTQIA+ children and teens, as well as those who are questioning and/or exploring their gender identity. We offer comprehensive services to ensure that each patient has the care and support they need for their physical, mental, social and emotional well-being. To learn more, please visit our LGBTQIA+ services page.
Our Division Programs and Features
UH Rainbow Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine is a leading provider of comprehensive children’s medical care; a center of medical education; a relentless advocate for child health and safety and a leader in research, providing breakthrough advancements to the community.
Our programs and features include:
- Medical students and residents training to be pediatricians gain valuable clinical experience through the division’s far-reaching programs. The division oversees an accredited pediatrics fellowship in sports medicine and oversees the university’s pediatrics clerkship program.
- The division maintains programs and specialists in highly specialized areas of pediatrics: pediatric global health, pediatric sports medicine and adolescent medicine.
- Child Advocacy and Protection comprise an essential underpinning to childhood health. The division oversees several programs designed to protect children from harm and create a safe environment for children in Cleveland and beyond.
- Center for Child Health and Policy: Established in 2007, the Center for Child Health and Policy focuses on major health policy issues that are central to the well-being of children and youth. The center brings together experts in child health, health finance, law and policy to perform policy analyses, consultations, research, educational programming, and community outreach to advance child health through policy.
- The Rainbow Advice Center provides an important service for about 1,000 pediatricians around the country, answering after-hours patient calls.
- Ask Rainbow is a 24/7 resource staffed by pediatric nurses available by phone and email for parents and caregivers with questions about children’s health symptoms, care and safety.
- Division experts are involved in many areas of research that work to advance pediatric care around the globe.
- The division serves as a trusted resource for second opinion consultation for pediatricians and other health professionals