Search Pediatric Orthopedics
Search services by specialty, treatment or condition below or choose one of our featured services.
Expert Care for Bone, Muscle and Joint Conditions in Children
University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital provides comprehensive care for a wide range of conditions affecting children’s bones, muscles and joints. Home to one of the highest-ranked pediatric orthopedics programs in the country, our experts employ the latest technologies to deliver optimal results.
Because pediatric orthopedic sub-specialists – not just generalists – comprise the award-winning and well-respected UH Rainbow clinical team, we have the depth of knowledge necessary to diagnose and treat children with any musculoskeletal condition.
Our orthopedic surgeons have helped develop surgical and non-surgical techniques right here at UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s that allow for the continued growth and development of children with spinal deformities.
Whether it's a broken bone or a more complex neuromuscular disorder, our team is committed to helping kids lead healthy and fulfilling lives today and in the future.
Here are some of the most common conditions we treat and the specialized clinics we offer:
- Spinal Deformity & Scoliosis
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Bone and Limb Deformity
- Musculoskeletal Oncology Trauma
- Hand and Upper Extremities
- Sports Injuries
Diagnostic & Treatment Options
Some of the innovative diagnostic and treatment options we offer include:
- Firefly navigational guide, for speedier and more accurate spine surgery
- Magnetic growing rod (MAGEC), which prevents the child from needing surgery every six months
- 3D printed surgical guides
- Baclofen pump, an implanted programmable device used to treat spasticity (stiffness or tightness of muscles caused by spinal cord injury or spinal cord disease)
- Internal lengthening nails for limb lengthening without the use of an external fixator
- Advances in pain management
From diagnosis to treatment to recovery, we enlist the latest technologies and techniques to ensure our patients receive the best care possible.