Information and Resources for Patients and their Caregivers
Experts at the Division of Pediatric Allergy/Immunology at UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital value the importance of patient education. The following resources provide parents and caregivers with a clearer understanding of the allergic process, including causes, risk factors, signs and symptoms, prevention, tests and treatments:
Special Guidance from the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology on risk of allergic reaction from Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
In this video health tip, Leigh Ann Kerns, MD discusses the Oral Food Challenge, a procedure at UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital that allows doctors to determine if a child is still allergic to a particular food.
- National Primary Immunodeficiency Resource Center
- Jeffrey Modell Foundation
- Immune Deficiency Foundation
- American Academy of Allergy/Asthma & Immunology
- Primary Immunodeficiency Association (PIA)
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
- European Society for Immunodeficiencies
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- Clinical Immunology Society
*The above-mentioned links are for patient information purposes only. University Hospitals does not endorse or recommend any of these products. Always speak with your primary care provider prior to using any medical information. The material accessible through these links is outside of the control of University Hospitals and has not been reviewed by University Hospitals.