The Rainbow Channel
Television at University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital means more than sitting back and watching, it means becoming a part of the fun! Through the Rainbow Channel, a staff member or guest can join in games with the entire hospital; a child in isolation can enjoy group activities; and a family can interact with and learn from featured guests.
The Rainbow Channel teams with Child Life specialists, Creative Arts therapists and other health care professionals to promote normal growth and development in children who are in the hospital. It provides children and families with a ready source of education, interaction and family-friendly entertainment.
The Rainbow Channel Offers
- A healthy alternative to commercial television
- Comfort and reassurance
- A vehicle for release and adventure
- Family-friendly programming that is appropriate, entertaining and recreational
- Live interactive shows featuring you and your calls!
- A selection of age appropriate popular movies
- Interaction with Buddy, your Rainbow friend
Every day, the average American 8 to 18-year-old watches approximately four hours worth of television, movies, videos and DVDs. Learn how to help your child understand media.