The Family Resource Center
The Family Resource Center (FRC) is a relaxing place to read, and it has plenty of books for the whole family to borrow during your hospital stay. We also have magazines, Internet access, office supplies, and printing, scanning, copying, and faxing services. The FRC is also here to help you get the health information you need and learn more about the medical issues facing your family. The FRC has information on many pediatric health topics. Let our librarian help you find information you can trust. We look forward to answering your questions and helping you find what you need.
What services are available at the FRC?
- Find a relaxing place to read and talk
- Use our computers & Internet
- Borrow a Chromebook, DVD player or Nintendo Switch from Kluber’s Korner
- Use our photocopying & fax services
- Charge mobile devices at our charging station
- Ask us for printed word puzzles, Sudoku, coloring sheets & other activity pages
If you are hospitalized at Rainbow, these additional services are available to you and your family:
- Borrow books, magazines & DVDs
- Borrow a laptop or e-reader overnight
- Use our digital camera
- Make keepsakes with materials on our Scrapbooking Cart
Family Resource Center Library Collections
Our library collections include books and devices for kids and parents, and popular DVDs that you can take to your room during your hospital stay. Collections include:
- The Family Resource Collection offers books, articles, pamphlets and DVDs on pediatric health and medical topics, school issues, and family relationships.
- The Carol Carmany White Children’s Library has popular books for children of all ages. Whether you have a newborn or teenagers, you’ll find stories you and your child will love.
- The Bibliotherapy Section provides literature that resonates with children and teens experiencing difficult times.
- Kluber’s Korner is a tech charging locker donated by the Corey Kluber Foundation that contains Chromebook laptops, Nintendo Switch handheld games, and portable DVD player for your enjoyment during a hospital stay.
- The Alli Makar DVD Collection includes DVDs rated PG-13 and under for your family to enjoy while in the hospital.
A health librarian meets the information needs of patients and their caregivers to help families stay active and involved in the medical care of children.
Our Health Librarian can:
- Help you decide what information you need, and what questions to ask
- Create a customized packet of information on any topic
- Help you search the Internet and evaluate search results effectively
- Provide reference services to inpatient and outpatient families, visitors, staff, and anyone else with a question
You don’t need to be in the hospital to use our reference services. Call or stop in the FRC to:
- Meet with our health librarian and ask questions
- Request a packet of information on any topic
Please come visit us:
The Family Resource Center is open every day, hours vary.
First Floor Lobby of Rainbow, Room 1610