School is an important part of every child's life. By participating in the Hospital School Program, your child can continue to be involved with schoolwork while in the hospital.
Our school program is available to all children, grades pre-K through 12, enrolled in public, private or parochial schools. Hospital school can help to reduce the stress of hospitalization by helping children participate in the familiar and “normal” activities of school.
How Can Our School Program Help?
- We will contact your child's home school to coordinate assignments while in the hospital.
- We will provide all support necessary to successfully complete assignments such as providing supplies, resource material, or access to a computer.
- We tutor children on an individual basis according to each child’s needs and medical situation.
What to do When Your Child is Admitted to the Hospital
- Notify your child’s school/teacher and let them know that a hospital teacher will be in contact to discuss assignments.
- Bring your child’s schoolwork and assignments or plan to have books and materials sent as soon as possible.
- Encourage your child to participate in the program to help them keep up with school work.