Since 1987, the Creative Arts Program has worked to promote the family-centered care philosophy of University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital. Both art therapy and music therapy reinforce the value of family interaction, and support the health needs of the child's mind and body.
The Creative Arts Program is one of the many unique services of UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital. This special program compliments Rainbow's renowned pediatrics medical care by supporting the physical and emotional needs of patients at Rainbow.
What We Do
The Creative Arts Program has been designed to:
- Increase patient stimulation.
- Provide age-appropriate activities.
- Offer choices.
- Enable patients to express their feelings.
- Provide therapeutic and diversional activities.
- Improve self-esteem and self-image.
- Provide positive experiences—and FUN!
- Support the treatment team.
- Support family-centered care.