Outstanding Educational and Clinical Experiences in the Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Program
The Case Western Reserve University / University Hospitals Med-Peds Residency Program prides itself on providing residents with outstanding educational and clinical experiences that prepare them for a vast assortment of future career opportunities.
Our residents train at:
- University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
- Louis Stokes Wade Park VA
- Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital
Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Program Goals
The goals of our program include:
- Supporting the professional and personal development of Med-Peds residents as they become outstanding clinicians in both Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.
- Raising awareness of the role of the Med-Peds physician in patient care, including leadership in transitional care and the care of adults with pediatric conditions.
- Training leaders in patient care, advocacy, research, and quality improvement.
Built on Teamwork
The foundation of our residency training program is teamwork. Our residents work closely together to provide patient care, a fun and stimulating learning environment and a strong support network. This can come in the form of an extra hand to aid with a tricky procedure, a second opinion in the middle of the night and, of course, a friend to laugh or commiserate with after a rough experience. In the same way, the faculty takes pride not only in teaching but in their receptiveness to our residents' needs regardless of the time - day or night.
Comprehensive Approach to Resident Education
Our program prepares residents to become superior clinicians, efficient problem-solvers, creative thinkers and above all, effective patient advocates. Our comprehensive approach to resident education allows residents to become leaders in primary care, excel in research and earn the most highly sought-after fellowships.
Learn more about the Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Residency
Why Choose Us
Learn more about our program and why you should choose us.
Meet Our Chief
Our chief resident excels in guiding and creating worthwhile opportunities for our residents.
Glimpse of Resident Life
Learn more about our residents through their true-life stories and experiences.
Life in Cleveland Has So Much to Offer
Whether you are interested in exploring the rich cultural history of its neighborhoods or eating at one of its many award-winning eateries, Cleveland has something for everyone.