Why Choose Us
Med-Peds Residency Program Quick Facts:
- Our Med-Peds residency includes 4 residents per year.
- Our leadership includes an independent Med-Peds PGY-5 chief resident, our program director and two associate program directors, our dedicated program coordinator and outstanding core faculty.
- We work at mission-driven hospitals that provide world-class care to a diverse patient population
- Our program includes a Med-Peds consult service in which Med-Peds residents and attendings see complex young adults on both the pediatric and adult wards, assisting in their medical care and providing support and planning for families around the time of transition.
- We have weekly Med-Peds conferences where we gather together for education and fun.
- We rotate at tertiary/quaternary care hospitals, all within a short walk of one another at University Circle in Cleveland. University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, and the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center,
- Our graduates consistently match into their top fellowship slots, desired primary care jobs, and academic positions.
- Our program uses X+Y block scheduling throughout all 4 years to enhance resident wellness, ambulatory training, and patient continuity.
- Our residents participate in a variety of tracks to support their career interests, including medical education, advocacy, global health, research, and more!