The Med-Peds Residency Program
University Hospitals, UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s, and Case Western Reserve University
The Case Western Reserve University / University Hospitals Med-Peds Residency Program prides itself on providing residents with outstanding educational and clinical experiences that prepare them for a vast assortment of future career opportunities.
Our residents train at:
- University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
- Louis Stokes Wade Park VA
- Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital
Our Program's Mission, Vision, and Values
The Medicine-Pediatrics residency at Case Western Reserve University / UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital works to train clinically outstanding, academically accomplished, ethical, and socially conscious Med-Peds physicians who will become leaders in their fields across the country.
Our vision is to enhance the care of patients across the lifespan, in Northeast Ohio and across the globe, wherever our graduates go.
- All people deserve the highest quality health care, regardless of race, gender, disability, insurance, or ability to pay. In order to provide this care, our residents will achieve excellence in:
- Rigorous critical thinking
- Medical expertise
- Advocacy for patients and populations
- Quality Improvement
- Respect for patients and colleagues
- Cooperation and teamwork
- Commitment to social justice
- We take strengths from pediatrics and medicine and bring them together as Med-Peds physicians to provide the best possible care to patients in any environment.
- Physicians in training have the right to be treated with respect and dignity in an environment which actively supports their physical, emotional and mental well-being.
- Together we build and sustain a close-knit, trusting community of colleagues and friends which supports our growth and well-being.
- We find joy in learning and growing together.
- We recognize that young adults with special needs are an underserved population who require novel approaches to improve their care.
Why Choose Us
Learn more about our program and why you should choose us.
Meet Our Chief
Our chief resident excels in guiding and creating worthwhile opportunities for our residents.
Read our FAQ page to learn more about our program.
Browse general resources on the Graduate Medical Education Office website.
Glimpse of Resident Life
Learn more about our residents through their true-life stories and experiences.
Life in Cleveland Has So Much to Offer
Whether you are interested in exploring the rich cultural history of its neighborhoods or eating at one of its many award-winning eateries, Cleveland has something for everyone.