Biostatistical Support Services
Biostatistical support is available to UH faculty and investigators conducting clinical research at any stage of the research process.
The Biostatistical Support team provides expertise in assisting investigators with disseminating research through highly influential outlets by providing accurate and scientifically valid contributions to each project in accordance with the standards and expectations of the scientific community.
The team works directly with each investigator or investigative team to assess and plan the approach to each project, and maintains a consistent line of communication for the project duration.
Services available to investigators:
- Statistical analysis and interpretation of clinical datasets
- Interim analyses
- Data visualization
- Scientific writing and manuscript integration
- Assistance with publication or proposal revisions
- Statistical contributions as co-investigators
- Sample size and power calculations
- Statistical plans and consultation
For additional information review our Statistical Analysis Q & A (PDF)
- Requests for support will be reviewed by the CRC Biostatistical Support team and addressed in an order that provides optimal utilization of resources available. We reserve the right to accept or deny requests at our discretion.
- We recommend that investigators submit their requests for support well in advance of any deadlines, due to our limited resources. A minimum of 16 weeks should be allocated for dataset analysis.
- Please note that data cleaning, data mining, and analysis of Big Data are not services provided by CRC Biostatistical Support Services.