Advanced Training Opportunities in Psychiatry
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, a nationally recognized medical research and education institution, in collaboration with Case Western Reserve University, offers residents, fellows and medical students a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from leading experts in the field of psychiatry.
In addition, our curriculum is meticulously designed to highlight the following:
- Bedside examination and diagnostic skills
- Evidence-based medicine
- High-quality physician care
- Leadership skills
Our students, residents and fellows are exposed to groundbreaking research in the field of psychiatry, providing them the opportunity to contribute to the latest advances in treatments and services with a continuing commitment to excellence in patient care.
- ACGME-Accredited Psychiatry Residency Program
ACGME-Accredited Psychiatry Residency Program
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center’s Adult Psychiatry Residency Program offers a strong foundation, mentoring and the best possible learning experience in all areas of psychiatry, including sub-specialties.
Each year we accept nine residents into our four-year psychiatry residency program, enough for you to feel like a part of a larger group, but small enough to stand out as an individual. We seek out candidates who are well-rounded, passionate and resilient – qualities we consider indicative of one’s future as a psychiatrist, both as a practitioner and field-leader.
- Accredited Psychiatry Fellowship Programs
Accredited Psychiatry Fellowship Programs Provide Comprehensive Training
From child and adolescent psychiatry to the field of forensic psychiatry, UH Cleveland Medical Center offers a diverse array of psychiatry fellowship programs and provides a comprehensive and enriching experience to equip professionals to have a positive impact in the field of psychiatry. Accredited fellowships and other learning experiences include:
- Other Fellowships
Department of Psychiatry offers the following non-ACGME fellowships including:
- College & Transitional Aged Youth Dual Fellowship Track (MD/DO, Nurse Practitioners)
- Reproductive Psychiatry Track of the Public and Community Psychiatry Fellowship (MD/DO, Nurse Practitioners)
- Research Fellowship
- Nurse Practitioner Externship (Nurse Practitioners)
- Public and Community Psychiatry Fellowship (MD/DO, Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists)