Comprehensive and Collaborative Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program
The residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at University Hospitals MacDonald Women's Hospital is an ACGME accredited four-year program housed in one of the only freestanding women's hospitals in the country. In the context of the hospital's long-standing history of innovation, excellence in education and research continues to be encouraged and supported by our faculty.
UH MacDonald's Statement Against Racism
The following program aims are critical components of our Obstetrics and Gynecology training:
- Prepare graduates for excellence in the field of OB/GYN – as Generalists or Fellowship trained sub-specialists, in Academics or general practice. (To Teach)
- Provide high-quality patient care with an academic focus. (To Heal)
- Improve the health of our patients, in our local community and throughout the world, through leadership and advocacy in diversity, equity and inclusion. (To Serve)
- Teach residents to become leaders and members of highly effective teams. (To Lead)
- Provide residents with the knowledge and resources to pursue lifelong learning and to discover innovative approaches in reproductive health care. (To Discover)
Residents obtain excellent surgical training from a variety of subspecialists and one of the largest academic generalist groups in the country. The resident obstetric experience is notable for its high volume and high acuity as well as for its exposure to the largest midwifery practice in the region. Training is additionally enhanced by early exposure to the gynecologic subspecialties. Our focus on quality, safety, and teamwork ensure that our residents have the skills necessary to become future leaders in health care.
What Sets Our Program Apart
In addition to the standard curriculum, our program includes:
- Global health scholars tract
- Ryan Residency Training Program designation
- Elective rotations for clinical exploration and research: one in the PGY2 year, two in the PGY3 year, and three in the PGY4 year
- Dedicated cesarean section rotation in the PGY2 and PGY3 years
Comprehensive OB/GYN Fellowship Programs
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship
- Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship (sponsored by MetroHealth in partnership with University Hospitals and Case Western Reserve University)
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellowship
Life in Cleveland Has So Much to Offer
Whether you are interested in exploring the rich cultural history of its neighborhoods or eating at one of its many award-winning eateries, Cleveland has something for everyone.