How to Apply
Applications for the Obstetrics and Gynecology residency program are accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Registration with the National Resident Matching Program is essential.
Understanding the Application Process
For an application to be considered complete, it must include the following:
- ERAS Application Form (with Curriculum Vitae)
- Personal Statement
- USMLE Score(s)
- Dean's Letter describing applicant's academic record, relative standing in the class, and performance on the clinical services
- At least three letters of recommendation, with one from the applicant's department chair
Beginning in academic year 2019–20, our program will be following the CREOG and APGO recommended recruitment guidelines as below:
- Our final ob-gyn application deadline is set to October 1 (same date as Medical Student Performance Evaluation release).
- We are limiting our program interview invitations to the number of interview slots available.
- We are allowing a minimum of 72 hours after an interview invitation email has been sent for the applicant to respond.
- We will Inform applicants of their status (eg, invited for interview; wait-listed; or rejected, if the applicant has not been offered an interview) no later than November 22, 2019 (the Friday before the week of Thanksgiving).
- With the eventual goal of having common interview release dates for all programs, we are using the dates of October 8 and October 15 for initial release of interview offers, followed by rolling offers. Programs do not have to and are not expected to release all their interview slots in the initial offering.
For more information on the new specialty-wide standards for the OB-Gyn residency application and interview process, which includes a student FAQs listing, please visit the APGO website.
- University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center only supports J1 visas
- There is a one year limit on the number of years between medical school graduation and application
- USMLE score requirement: we have not established a specific minimum score, but applicants must have passed on their first attempt
- Every applicant is evaluated based upon the sum of their experiences.
CREOG Dates 2023
We are committed to your safety in the COVID Pandemic. We will be offering virtual interviews in 2021 in compliance with our accreditation guidelines.
- October 24, 2023: Release interview offers
- October 31, 2023: Interviews begin
- December 1, 2023: Applicants notified of status
Applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted by email. Once all interview spots are filled, we only can offer a spot on a waiting list.