Providing Comprehensive Neurosurgical Clinical Training
The Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center Neurosurgical Residency Program at University Hospitals is a comprehensive seven-year program, accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), which provides each resident with a comprehensive curriculum designed to achieve clinical and surgical excellence as well as a background in research.
The residents and medical students have the opportunity to work with faculty members who are committed to teaching and developing their skills and knowledge base as well as having access to innovative neurosurgical procedures, current technology and state-of-the-art facilities.
The Neurological Surgery Residency is designed with the following aims:
- Develop neurosurgeons who possess a strong sense of integrity and display the highest level of professionalism
- Develop neurosurgeons who are actively engaged in the education of the next generation of physicians
- Develop neurosurgeons who act as physician leaders throughout the environments in which they practice
- Develop neurosurgeons who actively participate in, and are leaders in the field of spine surgery
- Develop neurosurgeons who practice evidenced based medicine, grounded in the foundations of best practice
- Develop the scientific/research interests of the residents who will have successful scientific careers
Why Choose Us
Learn more about why you should choose our Neurological Surgery Residency Program.
A letter from our residents providing an overview of the program for interested applicants.
Our residents obtain clinical experiences at multiple training facilities.
Life in Cleveland Has So Much to Offer
Whether you are interested in exploring the rich cultural history of its neighborhoods or eating at one of its many award-winning eateries, Cleveland has something for everyone.