How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Neurological Surgery Residency Program at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine/University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center. Applicants for training must be students in or graduates of an accredited medical school.
The deadline for applications is October 21st.
All interviews in 2020 will be held virtually on the following dates:
- Saturday, November 21st
- Saturday, December 12th
- Wednesday, December 16th
Since we are unable to schedule a dinner with the residents the evening prior to the interview, there will be a virtual meeting the evening before the interview.
In according with the guidelines of the Society of Neurological Surgeons, conjunction, compliance Requirements to apply for the neurosurgery residency program include:
- Personal statement
- Three to four letters of recommendation (see guidelines of Society of Neurological Surgeons)
- Dean’s letter and medical school transcripts
- USMLE scores – passing the USMLE 1 and 2 on the first attempt
- Additional information required for foreign medical school graduates
- ECFMG certification
- Visa information – University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center prefers a J1 visa
For more information, please contact:
Lois A. Hengenius
Academic Program Administrator
Case Western Reserve University SOM/ University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
Department of Neurological Surgery
11100 Euclid Avenue, HAN 5042
Cleveland, OH 44106