UH Rainbow Children's Medical Group Services
As part of University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital – consistently ranked as one of America’s Best Children’s Hospital by U.S. News & World Report – our providers work closely with the finest pediatric specialists and surgeons in the region and the nation. As part of University Hospitals we have access to the most current diagnostic and treatment modalities, advanced technology and evidence-based care.
- Scheduling Appointments
To help provide timely service to our patients, we prefer to schedule all visits. Please give the office a call directly.
- Late Policy
If you are more than 10 minutes late, we will need to confirm your appointment with the provider.
Please allow 3-5 business days for medical forms (for school, sports or camp) to be completed. Forms must be dropped off at the front desk during normal business hours or faxed anytime. Your portion of the form should be filled out completely, including your child’s name and date of birth. If the form requires a doctor’s signature, the child must have had a physical within the last year or it cannot be signed. Please remember to schedule your child’s physical yearly.
Forms for School, Sports or Camp
- Forms must be completely filled in by the parent, including exact name of medications on the bottle and form, ie: pill, liquid, and dosage.
- If your child is seen by a specialist, please have the specialist sign the forms.
- Patient Registration Form
- Pediatric Health History
- Parent/Guardian Consent to Treat Minors
- UH General Consent Form
- Parent/Guardian Personal Health Record Account Request Form
- Authorization for Release of Medical Information
- Ohio High School Athletic Association
- ADHD Vanderbilt Parent Form
- ADHD Vanderbilt Teacher Assessment Form
- Medication Refill Policy
Refill requests must be made 1 week in advance of the last dose. Please allow 3 – 5 business days for processing.
- Behavioral Medication Refill Policy
Med check appointments must be made and attended every three months or there will be no refills prescribed. Refill requests must be made 1 week in advance of the last dose. Please allow 3 – 5 business days for processing.
- IDs and Insurance Cards
IDs and insurance cards must be presented and verified at the front desk upon check-in at each visit.
- New Patients
In advance of scheduling a new patient, at minimum, an immunization record must be received by the office. Please arrive 20 minutes early to assist with registration. If you miss your first appointment with the practice, we will be unable to continue service.
- No Show Appointments
A missed appointment (with no phone call) is considered a “No-Show”. Our policy is as follows:
- 1st No-Show: a call to the family to try and reschedule.
- 2nd No-Show: may result in a $25.00 charge to the family. (Insurance will not cover this fee)
- 3rd No-Show: the patient and/or family will be discharged from the practice.
- Patients Under Age 18
If a parent wishes to send their minor child to the office unaccompanied, please note the following:
- For a well child exam:
- The office must have a consent form filled out and scanned into the patient’s chart authorizing the minor to transport themselves to appointments.
- NOTE: This does not apply to new patients. Until the office has an ID, insurance card and signed consent on file, the minor will be unable to arrive for appointments unaccompanied.
- If vaccines are to be given and there is no parent/guardian present, two options exist:
- The parent must be available by phone to provide verbal consent, OR
- The parent must send a note with the minor authorizing vaccines.
- For a well child exam:
- Saturday Appointments
Phones open at 8:15 a.m. to assist with scheduling same day ill appointments. Patient appointments begin at 9 a.m. and conclude at 12 p.m. or when the last patient is seen. Pre-scheduled well child exams are available at the provider’s discretion.
- Manage Your Child's Health Record
As a parent or legal guardian you have the ability to access your child's online health information. Visit the Parent/Guardian Access section under MyUHCare to learn more.
- Telephone Advice
Our phone lines are open Monday - Friday 8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:15 a.m. - (varies with the season). Our staff will take a message, and a nurse or doctor will return your call, usually by day's end.
- Online Advice
You could ask your provider questions via the MyUHCare Personal Health Record tool. Message responses may take up to two business days. If this question is an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
If you already have a MyUHCare PHR account, Login now.
If you need to signup for a MyUHCare PHR account, Signup now.
- After Hours/Emergency Calls
Nurses staff our after hours calls, triaging and advising as needed. One of our physicians is always on call to aid them if needed. Please reserve routine calls for office hours.
If an emergency should arise, please call 911. Emergencies are considered to be those conditions that are life-threatening: loss of consciousness, severe bleeding, seizure, etc. In the case of minor emergencies (lacerations, cuts, mild fractures, sprains), please call our office first for instructions.
- Pre-natal Visits/New Babies
Appointments are available upon request.
- Sick Visits
We make every effort to schedule appointments for ill children on the day that you call us. Please call our office ahead of time so that we can minimize the time that you will spend waiting. If you have a medical emergency during office hours, we will do our best to see your child immediately or refer you to the appropriate facility.
- Well Child Visits/Sports Physical
To keep your children healthy, it is important to bring them in for regular checkups. We recommend that you call our office at least 2 weeks in advance so you may choose the date that best fits your needs.
Our electronic medical record allows us to e-prescribe any prescriptions at your appointment within seconds. This will allow us to keep better track of all medications you are currently or have been taking, even if prescribed by another office. For prescription refills, we ask that your child’s physical be up-to-date and you provide as much advance notice as possible.
Medications that are more closely regulated by the FDA have different requirements for prescribers. We are required by law to see your child regularly to monitor medication use and usefulness.
- Pay Your Bill
You can now quickly and easily pay your provider bill online using our convenient online bill pay tool.
- Insurance Message
We accept most insurance carriers. Please have your card with you upon scheduling an appointment and at the time of your visit. If we file your claim, you are responsible for only the co-pay at the time of the visit. If we are not a participating provider for your insurance, if you are not insured, or we do not file with your insurance company, you may be responsible for the entire charge at the time of service.