Stroke & Vascular Referrals & Resources
Comprehensive Stroke Center Offers Convenient Access and Communication for Referring Physicians
University Hospitals Neurological Institute’s Comprehensive Stroke Center has Northeast Ohio’s most experienced stroke, which includes six board-certified vascular neurologists, four neurointensivists, five interventional neuroradiologists and five cerebrovascular neurosurgeons.
With locations throughout Northeast Ohio, the Comprehensive Stroke Center's unparalleled access and availability at our community medical and health centers brings our expertise and personalized care closer to home to those in Northeast Ohio.
In addition to the Comprehensive Stroke Center designation at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, the following University Hospitals medical centers are certified as Primary Stroke Centers:
- UH Ahuja Medical Center
- UH Bedford Medical Center, a Campus of UH Regional Hospitals
- UH Elyria Medical Center
- UH Geauga Medical Center
- UH Parma Medical Center
- UH Portage Medical Center
- UH St. John Medical Center
- UH Richmond Medical Center, a Campus of UH Regional Hospitals
- Southwest General Hospital
- Western Reserve Hospital
UH Cleveland Medical Center also meets Brain Attack Coalition criteria for a comprehensive stroke center and has a dedicated stroke inpatient service.
When you refer a patient to the Comprehensive Stroke Center you receive:
- 24-hour access for urgent cases
- Communication and information on your patient's treatment plan and progress
- Professionalism exemplified by our goal of returning patients to you for ongoing care
University Hospitals Neurological Institute’s Comprehensive Stroke Center is committed to open dialogue with other clinicians and the exchange of ideas and information on how to deliver the best care and enhance outcomes.