Advancing the Field Through Leading-Edge Research
The Division of Thoracic and Esophageal Surgery of University Hospitals in Cleveland, Ohio is committed to sharing outcomes and knowledge with other professionals in peer-reviewed journals and publications, both nationally and internationally. The following represents some of the recent publications:
- Linden PA, Towe CW, Watson TJ, Low DE, Cassivi SD, Grau-Sepulveda M, Worrell SG, Mitchell JD, Perry Y. Mortality after esophagectomy: analysis of complication and their association with mortality in the national STS database. J GI Surg. 2019, in press
- Bowling MR, Folch EE, Khandhar SJ, Kazakov J, Krimsky WS, LeMense GP, Linden PA, Murillo BA, Nead MA, Pritchett MA, Teba CV, Towe CW, Williams T, Anciano CJ. Fiducial marker placement with electromagnetic navigation bronchoscopy: a subgroup analysis of the prospective, multicenter NAVIGATE study. Ther Adv Respir Dis 2019; 13:1753466619841234.
- Towe CW, Wu K, Khil A, Perry Y, Worrell SG, Ho VP, Linden PA. Desaturation During Six-Minute Walk Testing is Superior to FEV1 and DLCO alone in Predicting Major Morbidity Following Anatomic Lung Resection among Patients with COPD. Healthcare. 2019 23;7(1). pii E16.
- Towe CW, Khil A, Ho VP, Perry Y, Argote-Greene L, Wu KM, Linden PA. Early discharge after lung reesction is safe: 10-year experience. J Thorac Dis 2018;10(10):5870-5878.
- Towe CW, Gulack BC, Kim S, Ho VP, Perry Y, Donahue JM, Linden PA. Restrictive Transfusion Practices After Esophagectomy Are Associated With Improved Outcome: A Review of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons General Thoracic Database. Ann Surg. 2018 May;267(5):886-891.
- Towe CW, Ho VP, Kazakov J, Jackson T, Perry Y, Argote-Greene LM, Ginsberg JP, Linden PA. Severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Is Not Associated With Complications After Navigational Bronchoscopy Procedures. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017 Jul;104(1):290-295.
- Fu SJ, Ho VP, Ginsberg J, Perry Y, Delaney CP, Linden PA, Towe CW. Complications, Not Minimally Invasive Surgical Technique, Are Associated with Increased Cost after Esophagectomy. Minim Invasive Surg. 2016; 2016:7690632.
- Perry Y, Towe CW, Kwong J, Ho VP, Linden PA. Serial Drain Amylase Can Accurately Detect Anastomotic Leak After Esophagectomy and May Facilitate Early Discharge. Ann Thorac Surg. 2015 Dec; 100(6):2041-6.
- Linden PA, D'Amico TA, Perry Y, Saha-Chaudhuri P, Sheng S, Kim S, Onaitis M. Quantifying the safety benefits of wedge resection: a society of thoracic surgery database propensity-matched analysis. Ann Thorac Surg. 2014 Nov; 98(5):1705-11.
- Linden PA, Morgan JA, Couper GS. Seven-year disease-free survival after radical pneumonectomy for a pulmonary artery sarcoma. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2013 Sep;146(3):e17-8.