Travel Medicine Services for Every Travel Need from University Hospitals
Travel medicine specialists at University Hospitals Roe Green Center for Travel Medicine provide a wide range of travel medicine and infectious disease services for travelers before and after short- or long-term domestic or international travel. For pre-travel planning, our team, led by infectious disease specialists, can help prepare for any destination or travel needs.
We provide domestic and international travel medicine services for adult, pediatric and corporate travelers that include:
- An analysis of your itinerary, length of stay, and expected activities
- Vaccinations you need based on the part of the world you are traveling to
- Counseling on prescriptions/medications to bring on your trip
- Educational information for destination-specific medical needs
- High-risk medical planning, if necessary
- Pre-packed medical travel kit (available for purchase at $35 per kit)
- Pre-travel consultations. Available in-person or through a UH Virtual Visit using your computer or mobile device. To make an appointment, call 216-844-8500.
Travel Insurance/Medical Evacuation Services
University Hospitals is pleased to partner with Air Medical Global Assistance, a leading air ambulance company. For minimal cost, a membership can provide you with the comfort of knowing, in case of a medical emergency, we can safely transport you to University Hospitals or to the hospital of your choice. There are no deductibles, co-pays, or claims to file. Membership also provides you with a 24/7 medical services hotline with an extensive network of English speaking doctors and other specialists worldwide.
- 14-day trip: $115
- 30-day trip: $180
- Year-long: $300
- Expatriate: $595 (required for more than 90 consecutive days of travel outside of the United States or Canada)
To enroll and get your own worldwide safety net, visit Air Medical Global Assistance.
Ongoing Support Before, During and After Travel
If travelers have any questions or concerns at any point during short- or long-term trips, please call our travel medicine clinic office during business hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. U.S. Eastern time) at 216-844-8500. All phone inquiries will be returned by a travel medicine and infectious disease expert within two business days.
Most travelers return feeling well after overseas trips, but a few will have persistent diarrhea, fever, or in some other way feel unwell. The diagnosis and treatment of potential exotic and severe illnesses requires some expertise. Our travel medicine specialists are available to treat ill travelers in the University Hospitals Roe Green Center for Travel Medicine for diagnosis and potential treatment. Call 216-844-8500 to make an appointment.
Questions? Refer to our FAQs page.