Online Resources to Assist with Travel Planning
Preparing for Your Trip with UH Travel Clinic
Let us help you plan your next trip through our medical traveler resources, which take you through the process step-by-step, from planning the trip through your return home.
- Before your trip
- During your trip
- After your trip
- Pre-Travel Consultation FAQs
- Top ten guidelines for international travel
- Travel blog
- Travel Medicine and Global Health in the News
Other Online Resources for Travel Planning
As you begin to plan your trip, be sure to review the traveler resources and services that are available online, including:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which offers up-to-date travel notices on global travel, vaccines, medical and trip advice.
- Trip Advisor, where you can read reviews, compare prices, and book your perfect trip.
- U.S. Embassy, includes a list of U.S. embassies, consulates, and diplomatic missions in your destination country or abroad.
- The International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers. Membership is required, but there is no cost to join.
- Medic Alert Foundation International is the best source of Medic Alert identification bracelets and necklaces for travelers with chronic medical conditions.
Helping International Travelers Stay Healthy with Travel Medicine
According to the United Nations World Tourism Organization, the number of international tourist travelers will reach 1.8 billion by the year 2030. With this steady growth in international travel, increases in infectious disease transmission will continue to be a concern for travelers as well as health organizations such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). Working with travel medicine specialists before and after travel can provide the preventive care and education necessary to limit infection and illness.