University Hospitals Pre-Travel Consultation FAQs
- Why would I need a pre-travel consultation?
As global travel has dramatically increased, so has the risk of health issues while traveling.
Health issues vary by travel destination. Some emerging nations bear risks that come through contaminated water supply, and they may not offer quality treatment options. Globally-spread diseases are far more prevalent today than in recent times. And of course, accidents or traumas can happen anywhere.
Preparing travelers for their trips can be tricky. Not every physician is knowledgeable about required vaccines or has them available.
The physicians and staff at University Hospitals Roe Green Center for Travel Medicine & Global Health can advise you on precautions, including immunizations, that you need to take prior to visiting any destination.
- What is a virtual consultation?
A virtual consultation uses telehealth technology to provide patient care and consultative services to link patients with providers at different locations.
- Why is University Hospitals offering this service? Isn’t a physical exam more effective?
Our travel patients have asked for convenience and information. We want to make it easy for them to choose and stay with UH as their health care partner. This modern yet simple technology helps us engage new and existing patients on their own terms and their own schedules.
- How do I make an appointment?
To make a pre-travel virtual appointment, call 216-844-8500. Our travel medicine scheduler will contact you to set up your appointment time and provide instructions on how to use the service. Please note, you must be physically located in Ohio for your virtual pre-travel consultation.
- How much does it cost?
UH Virtual Pre-Travel Consultations are $79/person with payment processed at the time the consultation is scheduled. This is a fee-for-service program that is not covered by insurance.
- Where are UH Virtual Pre-Travel Consultations available?
Currently, patients must be located in Ohio for any UH Virtual Pre-Travel Consultation.
- Can UH Virtual Pre-Travel Consultation be accessed on mobile devices?
Yes, MDLIVE can be accessed on most mobile devices with an Internet connection. Our MDLIVE Mobile App is available for download in the iTunes Store, Google Play, and Windows Store.
- Can a provider prescribe medication as part of a UH Virtual Pre-Travel Consultation appointment?
Yes, if the UH Virtual Pre-Travel Consultation provider believes medication is needed, he or she can write a prescription for non-narcotic medications (i.e., no controlled substances), which can be sent directly to the pharmacy of your choice.
- Is A UH Virtual Pre-Travel Consultation safe and private?
Yes, UH Virtual Pre-Travel Consultation is safe and private. UH Virtual Pre-Travel Consultations are HIPAA compliant. Your information will only be shared with your selected provider and pharmacy.
- If I need vaccines, where can I get them?
If the countries you are traveling to require you to receive a vaccine(s), our travel medicine scheduler will contact you to make an appointment at one of our convenient travel medicine clinic locations.
- What system requirements do I need for UH Virtual Pre-Travel Consultation videoconferencing?
To use video conferencing you need:
- High-speed Internet connection
- Windows®7, Vista, or XP
- A Mac running OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or superior
- A webcam with at least 1.3 megapixels
- Microphone (most webcams already have microphone built in)
After you set up an account, you will be able to use a simple online simulation to test your configuration and check if you are ready for a virtual consultation.
- What do I do if I run into technical difficulties?
For technical difficulties, call MDLIVE support at 1-562-867-5309 or (1-800-40-MDLIVE).