Take Care of Your Health
The best time to find a primary care doctor? Before you actually need one. It’s never too late to start preventive care. Long-term patient-doctor relationships help create long-term health.
Welcoming New PatientsOffering early morning, weekend, and virtual appointments.
Primary Care at University Hospitals
At University Hospitals, we believe primary care is essential to your health and well-being. Our primary care physicians (PCPs), nurses and supporting staff are committed to building a healthy relationship with you and your family. Whether to detect and manage long-term health issues or just help you get over that illness that is going around, you can count on your University Hospitals primary care team.
Serving as your main point of contact when seeking medical care, your PCP helps coordinate any specialized health care needs that may arise. You can trust that the care and guidance you need is always close by and available for all ages, genders and diverse/specialized health needs. Key services provided include:
- Provide ongoing routine care to maintain and improve patients overall health.
- Offer behavioral health support and guidance to improve mental and emotional well-being.
- Deliver health counseling and education to adopt healthier behaviors
- Regular monitoring and management of chronic conditions like hypertension, diabetes, arthritis, and more to prevent complications.
- Help treat minor health concerns that are not emergencies but require prompt attention.
- Perform in-office procedures for common issues, such as skin biopsies, stitches, mole or wart removal, and more.
Establishing Care with A PCP
Whether you’re looking to find a new primary care doctor or seeking one for the first time, the best preventive care is outstanding primary care. We believe forming a trusting relationship with a primary care provider (PCP) is the best way to preserve and protect your most valuable asset – your health. Your provider will get to know you as a whole person – your lifestyle and health goals, your family medical history and your risk factors for certain conditions, including heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
Primary Care Specialties
As with all relationships, compatibility is important. We can help you find a provider who meets all your needs, allowing you to filter your search by location, gender, languages spoken and/or insurance. Use our Find a Doctor to find a provider who suits the health care needs of you and your loved ones.
Why Choose UH Primary Care?
Easy online scheduling available 24/7
Early morning, weekend appointments
Virtual appointments offered
Access your personal health record
Accept all major medical insurance providers
Check with your insurance provider and benefits plan for more information.