Breastfeeding Virtual Visit Frequently Asked Questions
- When should a breastfeeding virtual visit be used?
A virtual breastfeeding consult is available to assess any breastfeeding concerns. It can be used as an initial breastfeeding visit if you are unable to come in for an in-person visit due to illness or suspected illness, COVID-19 related concerns, transportation limitations, child care needs, inclement weather or other scheduling difficulties. It can also be used as a follow-up visit after an in-person visit.
- Is a virtual visit covered by insurance? If not, what is the cost and the duration of the virtual visit?
Breastfeeding virtual visit is a self-pay service, which can be paid with a credit card. The cost is:
- $40 for a 30-minute visit
- $60 for a 60-minute visit
- What days/hours is virtual visit available?
Breastfeeding virtual visit is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- How do I know which type of visit to schedule?
An international board-certified RN lactation consultant will help to determine what type of visit (virtual or in-person) is needed during the initial phone call inquiry. Call University Hospitals Lactation Services at 440-995-3830 with any additional questions or to schedule an appointment.