Behavioral Sleep Medicine Services
The sleep medicine team at University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s can identify sleep disorders and related behavioral or psychological disorders in children and adolescents and help improve sleep quality through specialized behavioral therapies.
Schedule an Appointment with a Pediatric Sleep Specialist
To make an appointment with a pediatric sleep medicine expert, call 216-844-7700.
Sleep disorders and behaviors we treat include:
- Bedtime fears and bedtime refusal
- Circadian rhythm disorders
- Insomnia (difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep)
- Night terrors
Our behavioral sleep medicine team has expertise in:
- Treating children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and other developmental and behavioral issues
- Chronotherapy for circadian rhythm disorders to gradually transition to a normal, consistent sleep time
- Imagery rehearsal therapy that works to assist children with nightmares in the creation of new dreams
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to treat insomnia and other sleep disorders in children
- Management of sleep issues related to chronic illness, medication, and other therapies
Our behavioral sleep medicine therapy services are provided by licensed clinical psychologist Carolyn Ievers-Landis, PhD, DBSM. Dr. Ievers-Landis is a pediatric provider certified by the Board of Behavioral Sleep Medicine with a Diplomate in Behavioral Sleep Medicine and specialized training in cognitive behavioral therapy for treating insomnia (CBT-I) and other sleep disorders.