Safety on a Budget with the Rainbow Safety Store
Raising children is definitely expensive. The good news is keeping your children safe doesn't have to break the bank. Rainbow offers the Safety Store as a convenient and cost effective way for parents to get important items. There are also plenty of free things parents can do to prevent unintentional injuries. Consider the following tips to get started:
- Keep an eye on your children at all times. This is the best way to keep children safe and it does not cost a penny.
- Keep poisonous items like medicines and cleaners locked away and out of reach of children.
- Do not let children play on stairs, furniture, balconies, roofs, streets or parking lots.
- Practice an escape plan with your family in case of a fire or other disaster.
- Cook on back burners and keep handles facing away from the front of the stove so curious children cannot pull hot contents down on themselves.
- Tape up any loose rugs firmly to the floor/carpet to avoid slips and slides of running toddlers.
Keeping Children Safe is Priceless: The Safety Store Can Help
Managed by the Rainbow Injury Prevention Center, the Safety Store is located at the atrium entrance to University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital. The Safety Store offers a wide range of safety products sold at cost, well below retail prices.
Some products we offer include:
- Baby-proofing items
- Booster seats
- Car seats
- Safe sleep products
- Sports safety items
Download the Safety Store Catalog to find the safety products you need to help keep your family safe.
Ordering is Easy!
- Review the Safety Store Catalog and contact the Safety Store at 216-844-2277 to order and schedule pick up or delivery.
- Items can be delivered to patient rooms, employee work areas or picked up at the Safety Store window in Rainbow or in the Rainbow parking garage at the Car Seat Fitting Station. Products cannot be shipped.
- Payment can be accepted at the time of order or pick-up/delivery. Credit/debit cards and cash accepted. Exact change only. No checks.
Safety Store business hours are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Calls received outside of business hours will be returned the next business day.