Offering High-Quality Care Outcomes and Client Satisfaction
The UH Rainbow Advice Center is pediatric-focused, with nurses specialized in pediatric telephone assessments. Our medical director is a pediatrician who interacts regularly with the nurses, providing quality assurance reviews on each nurse to ensure that quality pediatric care is delivered.
The UH Rainbow Advice Center prides itself on providing accurate and timely advice to patients as well as excellent client service. Our performance objectives include:
- Timely access to care
- 90 percent of non-urgent calls returned within 30 minutes, and 99 percent within 60 minutes
- The monthly average speed to answer for incoming calls is less than 20 seconds.
- Focus on quality
- All our nurses are certified by the state of Ohio and participate in ongoing continuing education.
- Our nurses follow Schmitt Thompson Clinical Content After-Hours Computerized Telephone Guidelines, nurse triage protocols that allow the patient to remain at home 83 percent of the time.
- Client satisfaction
- Client response time: We respond to all client requests within 24 hours of being notified.
- Client retention: The UH Rainbow Advice Center has maintained a 97 percent client retention rate. On average, our clients have been with us for more than seven years.