General Surgery Residency
General Surgery Well-Being Committee
The General Surgery Well-Being Committee strives to holistically support our residents as individuals and physicians. We will lead efforts in:
- implementing innovative, proactive initiatives to foster a community of inclusiveness and well-being.
- continuing to embrace a culture that prioritizes resident and physician well-being.
The Well-Being Committee works to improve the wellbeing of our residents, and in that improve the care we provide to our patients. We foster a resident-led curriculum and core set of initiatives focusing on four core tenets of resident health:
For a complete list of Trainee Well-Being resources, please visit the GME Well-Being website.
Suicide Hotline - 800-273-8255 (TALK)
- PD and APD office hours
- Weekly resident and faculty feature on UH social media
- Well-Being lecture series
- Chief Grand Grounds
- Wednesday morning education breakfasts
- Seasonal residency activities (#ActiveSurgeons)
- UH swag bi-annual gifts
- Holiday call team meals
- Access to licensed psychiatrists and therapists
- Care packages for injured/sick residents
- Six well-being half-days each year
- Chief photo collection
- Birthday announcements and gift
- Bi-annual resident trivia
- Graduation ceremony
Monthly Well-Being Newsletters
Download our monthly newsletters to learn more about upcoming events and important information.