It is important that entering residents fit well in our department and program, develop long-lasting career relationships with our faculty and have a satisfying training experience that positions them to be successful in their career. Our program accepts applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
All applicants must submit these documents:
- Completed ERAS application
- Curriculum vitae
- Three current letters of reference
- Dean's letter and transcripts
- United States Medical Licensing Exam scores passed on first attempt, with a minimum passing score of 220 on Step 2.
For the 2023 ERAS cycle, our program will be collecting and reviewing data from applicants’ supplemental ERAS application. Completion of the standard MyERAS application is a requirement; completion of the supplemental ERAS application is optional.
The supplemental ERAS application is designed to help applicants share more information about themselves and assist our program in finding applicants that fit our program’s setting and mission. There is no cost to applicants and participation is optional. The supplemental ERAS application provides:
- Geographic preferences (by division and by urban or rural setting);
- Information about an applicant’s most meaningful experiences and other impactful life events, if applicable; and
- Program signals.
The supplemental ERAS application will be delivered on a survey platform that is separate from the MyERAS application and must be completed between August 1 and September 16, 2022,
- Friday, November 18, 2022
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022
- Friday, January 6, 2023
- Wednesday, January 11, 2023
- Wednesday, January 25, 2023
Additional Information for International Graduates
- International medical graduates are considered for the preliminary internship year only
- J-1 visa supported
- United States Medical Licensing Exam must be passed on the first attempt
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates certification is required by June 1
- Current letters of reference
- Graduation from medical school within the past two years is required
For More Information, please contact:
Sponsoring Institution: UH Cleveland Medical Center
Program Name: Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center General Surgery Residency Program
Program Number: 4403821399