You don’t have to be a researcher to support research. In fact, some of our greatest advocates are non-research caregivers! Complete this 6-question survey to let us know more about you and your feelings towards clinical research studies and clinical trials at UH.
Nurses, administrative staff, EVS, and all UH caregivers in between have a tremendous influence on providing more options in care for our patients, and improving healthcare and medicine as we know it. Learn more below and share these resources with family, friends, and patients.
Want to Be Even More Involved?
Why Join the UH Research Ambassadors
Research is an integral part of the University Hospitals' mission – To Heal. To Teach. To Discover.
As a leader in medical innovation, UH has a rich 150-year history of medical breakthroughs & currently has over 3,000 active research studies being conducted across 24 different departments throughout the health system. Clinical research studies and clinical trials are projects involving volunteers to answer specific health questions. Clinical research helps our patients by discovering:
- New treatments
- New ways of using established treatments
- Better ways to diagnose and treat individuals
- Options for maintaining good health
- How people are affected by different factors
- More about medicine and healthcare from the patient’s point of view
Become a UH Research Ambassador
Research is the mechanism for advancing medicine and caregivers like you can help improve the standard of care for our patients! UH caregivers in any position can be a Research Ambassador:
- You’ll help shape the future of science and medicine
- Help patients find more options in their healthcare
- Expand clinical research across the UH System
- Normalize the conversation about clinical research participation
Diversity and Representation in Research
University Hospitals Caregivers
Register for the next UH Research Ambassadors Introduction & Training session to learn more about UH clinical research and the impact you can make.
Systemness in Research
University Hospitals caregiver referrals contributed largely to the success of the RECOVER Long-COVID study at University Hospitals. Learn how leveraging the power of systemness moves research and medicine forward.