Brain Tumor Clinical Trials in Northeast Ohio
Convenient Access to Promising Clinical Trials
UH Seidman Cancer Center Neuro-Oncology and the specialists from University Hospitals Neurological Institute's Brain Tumor and Neuro-Oncology Center are committed to providing extraordinary care and developing the next generation of medical and surgical innovations. Our clinical research involves experienced scientists, neuroscientists, pathologists, physicists, and engineers. All share a strong bench-to-bedside mission to ensure that research results enhance patient care.
As a result, our patients have access to the most current clinical trials, treatments, and procedures unavailable at other facilities. Patients may be eligible to enroll in the newest experimental therapeutic trials involving stem cells, perfusion therapy, and small molecule therapies.
In collaboration with the National Cancer Institute-funded Adult Brain Tumor Consortium, a group of 14 elite Brain Tumor Centers of Excellence, UH Seidman Cancer Center offers many clinical trials to investigate the most innovative treatments for patients with brain tumors.
Articles & News
Although there are many clinical trials available, a few of the areas in which we focus our research are:
- Tumor vaccines (immunotherapy) to teach the patient’s own immune system to fight the brain tumor
- New drugs that specifically target brain stem tumor cells that are resistant to existing therapies
- Gene therapy for brain tumors
- New agents that starve the tumor by cutting off its blood supply
- Convection-enhanced delivery, which enables targeted delivery of drugs and immunotoxins to the tumor while avoiding toxicity to healthy brain tissue
Ivy Genomics-Based Medicine Project Grant
Our research affiliate Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine has been named one of nine institutions nationwide to receive funding under the Ivy Genomics-Based Medicine Project grant. The long-term goal of this project is to use genetic information to predict and plan the most effective brain tumor treatment option, which is custom-designed for each patient. Clinical research under the grant is being conducted at UH Neurological Institute.