Neuro-Oncology Program in Northeast Ohio
Patients with cancer of the brain or nervous system can expect personalized care from the experienced physicians at University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center. Experts armed with the most powerful, advanced technologies combat tumors in adults and children.
Your health is important. Don’t delay care.Offering in-person, video and telephone visits. Call today to see which option is right for you at 216-844-3951.
Coordinated Care Offering the Most Advanced Brain Cancer Treatment Technologies
UH Seidman Cancer Center team works closely with specialists from University Hospitals Neurological Institute’s Brain Tumor and Neuro-Oncology Center and pediatric neurosurgery experts from University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital. This coordinated effort involves a broad range of the most advanced brain cancer treatment technologies available in the U.S.
Personalized Treatment Planning
We believe every patient is unique. That is why our brain tumor specialists work with each individual and his or her family to develop a comprehensive plan that provides optimal treatment and enhanced quality of life. Our physicians take into account the following when considering treatment options:
- Overall health
- Type, location and size of the tumor
- Risk factors
- Each patient’s individual needs and preferences
Experienced, Nationally Recognized Specialists
The Brain Tumor and Neuro-Oncology team is experienced at handling even the most complex and difficult brain and nervous system cancers.
Our team includes the following experts:
- Neurosurgical oncologists: fellowship-trained neurosurgeons who specialize in treating tumors of the brain and spine
- Neuro-oncologists: neurologists specialized in diagnosing and treating brain and nervous system cancers and administering chemotherapy to patients
- Medical oncologists: medical doctors experienced in administering the most advanced chemotherapies
- Radiation oncologists: doctors who plan radiation treatment for cancer patients
- Neuroradiologists: physicians trained to order and interpret advanced imaging studies of brain and spine tumors
- Neuropathologists: pathologists with special interest and expertise in tumors of the brain and spine
- Medical physicists: specialists who assist in operating sophisticated radiation equipment
- Nurses and nurse practitioners
- A support staff including financial and insurance professionals, social workers, therapists and psycho-oncology experts
The patient’s referring physician is also kept informed and involved throughout treatment to ensure continuity of care
UH Neuro-Oncology patients tell their story.
Learn more about groundbreaking brain and nervous system specific clinical trials offering new and emerging therapies.
Make an Appointment
Your health is important. Don’t delay care.
Offering in-person, video and telephone visits. Call today to see which option is right for you.Learn more about virtual visit