Support Groups, Patient Stories and Educational Resources on Rehabilitation Services
When you are sidelined by an illness or injury, it is important to be as informed as possible in order to get on the road to recovery. The following links contain useful information about a variety of rehabilitation topics, covering physical therapy, occupational therapy and sports rehabilitation. The material offers helpful information on common injuries, as well as tips for prevention and recovery.
- Common Muscle and Sports Injuries
- Facts About Falls
- Joint Protection for Arthritis
- In Pain? Try Dry Needling
- How to Cool Down After a Tough Training Session
- Pre-Winter Workout: Getting Your Body Ready for the Cold Weather
- Ways to Safeguard Your Health in the Locker Room
Learn about some of the support groups offered to patients through UH Rehabilitation Services, including groups for patients and families affected by stroke and lymphedema.
Read some of the inspiring stories of patients who have been helped by the occupational, physical and speech therapy services at University Hospitals.