Robert Truax, DO
Dr. Rob Truax is a board-certified Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) with over 25 years of experience providing musculoskeletal rehabilitation to soldiers and athletes. After serving as a Family Physician in the US Army for seven years and then completing a Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship in Toledo, Ohio, he moved back to his hometown of Cleveland and joined University Hospitals. His practice has been focused on providing a non-invasive sports rehabilitation experience without the need for medications and minimizing time away for athletics and exercise. After eight years with the Department of Family Medicine, he joined the UH Connor Integrative Health Network in order to expand his care by utilizing the other members/services within Connor in comprehensive rehabilitation plans.
Dr. Truax is able to diagnose as well as initiate treatment and rehabilitation, utilizing Osteopathic Manipulative Treatments (OMT) at the first visit. This means faster recovery – a goal for all athletes. Dr. Truax’s patients range from 10 to 90 years old. He welcomes all who are eager to not allow injury, or age, to slow them down.
Education and Credentials
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology, Grove City College, Grove City, PA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville, MO
- Family Medicine Internship and Residency, Fort Bragg, NC
- Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship, Toledo, OH
- Board Certified in Family Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulation
- Certificate of Added Qualification, Primary Care Sports Medicine
"The attempt to find disease should be accompanied by the pursuit of seeking health. If we can uncover the latter, the former might just go away."