Elise Brewka, LAc
Licensed Acupuncturist, UH Connor Integrative Health Network - West, Rocky River
Elise Brewka’s professional history includes board certification in Music Therapy in the 1980s, providing music therapy and adjunctive therapies at the former Saint Luke’s Hospital in Cleveland. Her interest in Eastern philosophy and methods of teaching and healing bridged her professional career to develop a thriving private studio as a Suzuki Piano Method instructor. Since 2006, Elise continued to expand her knowledge and skills in Eastern thought and practice with Chinese medicine theory as a certified Eden Energy Medicine Practitioner, Qi Gong Practitioner, and Reiki Master Teacher. Her continuing passion for ancient healing methods led her to acupuncture school in 2014, and she opened her private practice in 2017 and joined the University Hospitals Connor Integrative Health Network Team in 2018.
With a music therapy and education background, Elise offers portraits of health through Chinese Medicine theory and treatment modalities aided with tools for self-care as an integral part of each person’s treatment plan. Presently, she provides acupuncture for women’s health including fertility support and pregnancy, managing the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation, chronic pain, neurological and digestive disorders, anxiety and stress reduction, and general health maintenance.
Education and Credentials
- Professional Master’s Level in Acupuncture (Summa Cum Laude), American Institute of Alternative Medicine
- Bachelor of Arts in Music Therapy, University of Mount Saint Joseph
- Diplomate of Acupuncture, NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
- Ohio State Medical Board License in Acupuncture
- Member, Ohio Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Member, American Society of Acupuncturists