Nationally Recognized Leader in Heart and Vascular CareUniversity Hospitals Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute is dedicated to offering more options for advanced cardiovascular care close to home. Over 1,700 heart and vascular experts, across 26 locations, provide local access to life-saving therapies.
Your health is important. Don’t delay care.Offering in-person, video and telephone visits. Call today to see which option is right for you.
Our world-renowned physicians and physician-scientists deliver the highest quality care for patients with the most common to the most complex heart and vascular disease. As one of the most robust cardiovascular research programs, this team is also devoted to developing the latest devices and techniques for patients, with more than 140 heart and vascular clinical trials.
UH Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute is changing the way cardiovascular care is delivered in Cleveland and beyond, defining the future of patient care.
Conditions & Treatments
Learn more about the heart and vascular conditions we treat and the full scope of diagnostic, medical and surgical options available at University Hospitals Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute.
Access to the Latest Technologies and Therapies
University Hospitals has a depth of experience across all categories of cardiovascular care and a rich history of innovation. Our team is uniquely skilled in advanced minimally invasive and surgical techniques, with remarkable patient outcomes.
- UH Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute is the region’s most experienced team in heart catheterizations, performing approximately 20,000 procedures in 2019 alone.
- With one of the first specialized electrophysiology centers in the country, our atrial fibrillation care has earned national and international recognition.
- Renowned worldwide as a center of excellence in transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) for treatment of aortic stenosis, our specialists train other physicians across the United States and around the world on this procedure.
- UH Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute is a global leader in optical coherence tomography, which allows a clinician to see and measure crucial blood vessel characteristics that were invisible or difficult to observe with older imaging techniques.
- University Hospitals was the first program in the U.S. to introduce HeartFlow® Fractional Flow Reserve Computed Tomography (FFR-CT) to assess the severity of coronary artery disease.
- Our team opened the first APOLLO trial and implanted the Intrepid transcatheter mitral valve replacement on the first patient involved in the study.
- UH Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute is the only program in Ohio offering LimFlow to end-stage critical limb ischemia patients without options through its Limb Salvage and Amputation Prevention Program.
- The Center for Advanced Heart & Vascular Care at UH Cleveland Medical Center is one of the first in the world to co-locate a robotically operated cardiac catheterization lab and operating room with cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and cardiac computed tomography (CT) scanners. A convergence of expertise, technology and innovative design provides patients leading-edge care in one suite.