Transforming Care Delivery for Complex Cardiovascular Conditions
The Center for Advanced Heart & Vascular Care (CAHVC) is a unique hub created to dramatically improve the patient experience for those who need complex cardiovascular imaging and interventional procedures by bringing together state-of-the-art technology, top experts and the latest medical advancements all in one suite for a seamless, world-class experience.
Contact UsCall 216-286-2600 for more information.
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
By appointment only
For more information, call
Center for Advanced Heart & Vascular Care
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
Humphrey Building, 2nd floor, Suite 2630
11100 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44106
Download the UH Now app to take advantage of the new Hospital Maps feature that will help you navigate the UH Cleveland Medical Center campus. Simply type in your destination (building, department, doctor’s office) and the app will display turn-by-turn walking directions to help get you there or visit UH YourDirectRoute.
Streamlining Care for the Best Outcomes
At virtually every medical facility across the country, patients visit different offices on various floors to obtain imaging tests and to have their actual procedure – often on separate days. For patients with complex heart or vascular conditions, this can be strenuous and prolong care delivery.
University Hospitals Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute has overhauled this experience for patients and created a truly novel layout allowing patients to have their imaging tests, consultations and procedure all in one integrated physical space. This eliminates patients needing to move throughout the facility for care, and enables the use of built-in advanced imaging technology to guide complex procedures, resulting in the best possible outcomes.
Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging ServicesEach patient is unique. Understanding that some patients require specialized expertise for their condition, the Center for Advanced Heart & Vascular Care provides a dedicated space where complex imaging is the norm for our highly-skilled technicians and physicians who are in the room to monitor and consult before, during and after any imaging procedure.
What makes the CAHVC’s advanced imaging services different from other locations with cardiovascular imaging capabilities?
University Hospitals offers multiple locations with excellent cardiovascular imaging capabilities. The CAHVC at UH Cleveland Medical Center is one of a few sites in the world able to perform specific, highly-advanced procedures such as next generation stress testing, non-contrast vascular magnetic resonance imaging and evaluation of unusual cardiovascular conditions. These tests require special skill and space to conduct.
Which patients are most appropriate for having their imaging procedures done in the CAHVC?
Patients with complex vascular and structural heart disorders requiring advanced treatment such as transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), MitraClip® or Watchman® would benefit from having their imaging completed in the CAHVC. Prior to these minimally invasive procedures, patients need particular intricate imaging, and it’s best to have the imaging done in a location where exposure to and experience with these type of cases are higher. Further, in some situations the imaging can be done the same day as the procedure, saving time and streamlining care.
Other benefits include:
- Devoted CT and MRI technology used only for heart and vascular imaging needs
- Dedicated technical expertise from caring individuals whose sole mission is to make each patient feel comfortable while getting the best images
- Impeccable imaging resolution for precise diagnosis and guidance during interventional procedures
- Ultimate convenience and efficiency with patients having their imaging studies completed in one room and their procedure performed in the adjoining room – all in one visit
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging (CMRI)
Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography (CCTA) and HeartFlow Analysis
Exercise and Pharmacologic Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging (CMRI)
Pharmacological Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging (CMRI) Stress Test: Dobutamine
Pharmacological Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging (CMRI) Stress Test: Regadenoson
Integrated Space for the Latest Cardiovascular Procedures
A convergence of expertise, state-of-the-art technology and innovative design provides patients with the best heart and vascular care in one place. Our top-rated team performs a variety of the latest minimally invasive and surgical procedures in the Center for Advanced Heart & Vascular Care at UH Cleveland Medical Center, including:
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) for aortic stenosis
- Transcatheter mitral valve replacement (TMVR) for mitral valve regurgitation or insufficiency
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair (MitraClip) for mitral valve regurgitation or insufficiency
- Transcatheter endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR) for thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Left atrial appendage closure (LAAO) for non-valvular atrial fibrillation (Watchman)
- Mechanical support devices for heart failure and cardiac shock
- Intervention for chronic limb ischemia
- Endovascular treatment of thoracic aneurysms and dissections
- Hybrid cardiovascular surgery for ascending and arch aortic pathologies
- Complex aortic procedures with branched/chimney endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)