Refer a Patient for Advanced Imaging Services
The Center for Advanced Heart & Vascular Care at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio, is one of the first cardiovascular centers in the world to co-locate magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT) and robotically operated cardiac catheterization lab with hybrid operating room in the same physical suite. This allows for a unique collaboration among our doctors specializing in interventional cardiology, medical cardiology, cardiac surgery, vascular medicine, vascular surgery, cardiovascular anesthesia and advanced cardiovascular imaging.
Refer a PatientOrder through the AEMR or call 216-286-2600
Imaging Hours (by appointment only):
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Novel cardiovascular treatments like robotic intervention may require unprecedented anatomic imaging detail at high resolution that is spatially encoded (like a traditional GPS at millimeter resolution) to facilitate. Integrating CT and MRI suites with a structural suite permits us to reimagine imaging guided cardiovascular intervention.
Advanced Imaging Services Available
Imaging Hours (by appointment only): Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Computed Tomography Angiography (CTA)
- Coronary CTA with HeartFlow Analysis
- CTA Chest
- Coronary Calcium Score
- CT TAVR/Watchman
- CT Fibromuscular Dysplasia (FMD)
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging (cMRI)
- Heart failure
- Arrhythmias and sudden death
- Valvular heart disease
- Complex vascular disease: MR angiography and venography
- Coronary artery disease: MR stress testing (perfusion, treadmill, bicycle)
- Adult congenital heart disease (ACHD)
- Pericardial disorders
- Unusual heart and vascular conditions
Order through the AEMR or call 216-286-2600
UH physicians can enter orders via the AEMR. MR studies can be performed without contrast by choosing the ‘without contrast’ protocol. Please mention “perform in CAHVC” under Details and Desired Site for Service sections.
Search terms for common investigations are:
After selecting ‘Add New Lab/Diag’ -> ‘Radiology’
- MRI cardiac w/wo contrast for morph/function (cardiomyopathy assessment)
- MRI cardiac w/wo contrast with Dobutamine, Regadenoson or treadmill (stress testing)
- MRI cardiac chest MRA w/wo contrast for morph/function, valve disease and great vessels (thoracic CTA + cardiac assessment)
- CT angiography coronary arteries w/HeartFlow (coronary CTA)
- CT cardiac scoring (coronary calcium score)
- MRA chest w/wo contrast
- MRA abdomen, Pelvis w/wo contrast
- MRA lower extremities w/wo contrast