Preparing for Your Child’s First Appointment with a GI Specialist
As you and your child prepare for your first pediatric gastroenterology appointment, please keep in mind the following:
- A parent or legal guardian must be present for the visit.
- Visit times range from 20 to 60 minutes (Appointments may be longer for Eosinophilic Esophagitis Clinic (EoE), IBD Clinic, and biofeedback appointments.)
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time of the visit. This will allow time for registration and collection of required information for your visit.
- When you arrive, please check in at the front desk.
- If you are running late, please call 216-844-1765 to avoid appointment cancellation.
- Your son or daughter's current medical concerns and medical history including previous testing will be reviewed and a physical exam performed.
- We will discuss your child's symptoms and medical concerns.
- Our GI specialists will work with you to create a care plan most appropriate for your child.
What to Bring
Make sure to bring the following to your appointment:
- Insurance card and co-pay
- Name and phone number of your preferred pharmacy
- List of all current medications with doses (prescribed and over-the-counter medications, supplements)
- Referral paperwork
- Any questions for the provider
At the End of the Appointment
At the conclusion of your appointment you will receive a written summary of the visit for your records.
After your appointment, you can schedule a follow-up appointment with the front desk staff before leaving the office.