Mission, Vision and Values
Our Program's Mission, Vision, and Values
The Medicine-Pediatrics residency at Case Western Reserve University / UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital works to train clinically outstanding, academically accomplished, ethical, socially conscious Med-Peds physicians who will become leaders in their fields across the country.
Our vision is to enhance the care of patients across the lifespan, in Northeast Ohio and across the globe, wherever our graduates go.
- All people deserve the highest quality health care, regardless of race, gender, disability, insurance, or ability to pay. In order to provide this care, our residents will achieve excellence in:
- Rigorous critical thinking
- Medical expertise
- Advocacy for patients and populations
- Quality Improvement
- Respect for patients and colleagues
- Cooperation and teamwork
- Commitment to social justice
- We take strengths from pediatrics and medicine and bring them together as Med-Peds physicians to provide the best possible care to patients in any environment.
- Physicians in training have the right to be treated with respect and dignity in an environment which actively supports their physical, emotional and mental well-being.
- Together we build and sustain a close-knit, trusting community of colleagues and friends which supports our growth and well-being.
- We find joy in learning and growing together.
- We recognize that young adults with special needs are an underserved population who require novel approaches to improve their care.