How to Apply
Eligible Applicants for the Geriatric Fellowship Program
Eligible applicants for the Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, Geriatric Medicine Fellowship (Internal Medicine) Program at University Hospitals include those with MD or DO credentials who have completed an ACGME- or AOA-accredited three-year internal medicine or family medicine residency.
The program accepts applications for geriatric fellowship openings from candidates with J-1 or H-1B visa status.
Understanding the Geriatric Fellowship Application Process
Once applications are reviewed, candidates will be selected to visit the program to interview with our faculty. Candidate group interviews may be conducted virtually.
The UH Cleveland Medical Center Geriatrics Fellowship Program participates in the NRMP match but will accept applications after the geriatrics fellowship match (and off-cycle) if the program has unfilled spots. The program offers two fellowship positions per year.
How to Apply
Apply through ERAS (preferred) or directly to University Hospitals (if positions are unfilled after the match). We recommend interested individuals apply through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
If the program has unfilled positions after the conclusion of the match, candidates can send their application materials directly to the fellowship program. We require the following information:
- Copy of USMLE Steps1,2,3 score report (or COMLEX-USA)
- Copy of ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation (one must be from the Residency Program Director), with contact information (phone numbers) - sent directly to Dr. Lathia
- Personal Statement (one page)
- Copy of Medical School Diploma
- Copy of Residency Completion Certificate (or letter stating you are due to complete your residency training by a certain date)
- Copy of Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Board Certification (if candidate has completed residency training more than two years ago)
Contact Us for Questions Regarding the Geriatric Fellowship Program at University Hospitals
Amanda Lathia, MD
Program Director, Geriatrics Fellowship
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
11100 Euclid Ave, Mailstop HAN 6095
Cleveland, OH 44106