Life in Cleveland
Parks & Nature
Cleveland has some beautiful outdoor spaces and spectacular offerings all year long, and our Cleveland Metroparks has just recently been named 'Best in the Nation'. Check out the Lake Erie To-Do List for summer fun or visit the Christmas Story House in the winter. Learn more about opportunities to get back to nature in Cleveland.
- Holden Arboretum Cleveland Botanical Garden: With an extensive glasshouse and beautiful gardens, Cleveland Botanical Garden is an amazing place to visit. Informative programs are available for all ages to learn and enjoy all the garden has to offer.
- Cleveland Lakefront Nature Preserve: Don't miss the beautiful nature preserve at the Port of Cleveland. Enjoy hiking, migratory bird sightings and see breathtaking views of Lake Erie and the Cleveland skyline.
- Cleveland Metroparks: Named 'Best in the Nation'! Live your best outdoor life through Cleveland Metroparks - with more than 23,000 acres and over 100 hiking trails. Cleveland's beautiful park system even includes eight scenic golf courses. Read more about the 10 most visited Metroparks spots.
- Edgewater Beach: Did you think you'd be able to enjoy beach life in the city of Cleveland? Take a day at the beach with beautiful views of downtown Cleveland and amazing sunsets.
- Lake Erie Nature & Science Center: See for yourself the live creature collection and world-class planetarium - as you explore nature at its best. Don't miss the classes, programs and camps offered.
- Nature Center at Shaker Lakes: Visit this treasured green space that was saved through conservation efforts back in 1966. With events, programs, camps and classes, get to know these beautiful spaces.